Monday, April 7, 2008

National Poetry Month


Well I had to return to say something on behalf of Poetry Month. This is a special time of recognition, although poetry is a day to day thing with me. So I'm encouraging folks to venture out into the byways, find an open mic event, support a spoken word endeavor - or go to the library, get online and read some of the classic works by E.E. Cummings, T.S. Eliot, Elizabeth Barrett Browning...or more contemporary works by James Wright, Pablo Neruda...or poems by Black poets...Cullen, Hughes, Shange, Giovanni, Sanchez and so many more!


This month, I'm being featured, along with poets past and present, on APOOO.org. A Place of our own is a literary resource, book club and online magazine for African American literature and authors. It's a privilege to have been asked to share my work via written and on podcast! That part - the video aspect, is rather scary for me. While I'm very comfortable reading my poems in a spoken word setting - being taped is quite another thing! I'll have a day assigned to me, don't know which day yet. But I will come back and publish it here.


Ok, back to writing short stories!


Peace and plenty poetiks, all!



No comments: